It’s that time of year again when we create goals and resolutions for yourself or for our businesses. This past year I had told myself that I was going to go all out on my business and be able to quit my job. Well, things happen. Or rather don’t happen when I keep making plans to do something just as soon as this other project is finished or that project is perfect. There is always something else that seems need to be done before you finally take action.
Late last year I made some changes to my plans and goals, and while I have had a few hiccups along the way I feel that I have made some progress. So what did I do this year that I will continue in the new year?
- I found 2 people whose personalities and philosophies I feel align with myself and my goals for my business, and I soak up all of the information I can from them. Funny thing is they are quite similar. Rachel Pedersen has been a blessing with her knowledge, enthusiasm, and her genuine interest in the success of the members of Social Media U. I cannot wait to be able to grow my business with her help and to watch her grow her business and family. I am a new fan of Gary Vaynerchuck. His consumer-centric, no BS and giving attitude has made me a fan. The only thing I can outdo that bundle of energy in is dropping the F-bomb, though he is a close second.
- I have accumulated many downloadable sheets, courses, infographics – you name it. I may have looked at them and I may not have. All of this information I threw away. Social Media U has all of the information I need for this moment in my career and the rest was all clutter taking up space in my home and in my mind.
- Along the same lines as #2 is that I removed myself from all but a select few Facebook groups and 3 mailing lists. Everything else was again, too much clutter that I did not need any longer.
- Get over what everyone else thinks I should be doing, and to do what I want and need to do. This is a slow process and it can seem like one step forward and two steps back.
So what are my resolutions for 2018?
- Execute! Do what I need to do to grow professionally. For too long I have been planning to do this. If I am not doing something to benefit the business, stop and refocus to complete a task that will.
- Grow personally. Go on a few adventures. It is my time to be ME. I think this is going to piss off some people, but whatever –
- Continue to learn and pass that information along to anyone who wants to hear it. I will also use that information to provide the best service I can to my clients and to give my clients the best opportunities to grow and achieve their goals.
- And because I don’t want to be the oddball out, it’s time to get serious about my health again. I was doing great for a while and let it slip. I have to be accountable to myself to get that done.
Best Wishes to all! Please share your goals or resolutions for the New Year. I can’t wait to hear them.