10 Questions with Kodie Conner
While we were in Nashville we had the pleasure of meeting Kodie Conner.
From the moment we met, it felt like we had known each other for years!
Kodie won the pole for the All American 400 and you need to watch his Instagram post to see the reason why drivers put so much time and effort into a sport that gives few rewards. His smile and excitement are infectious! Kodie is working to find marketing partners to support his trip to Snowball Derby. If you know of any business that is able to help, he would be a driver that represents their business well!
Below Kodie shares his answers to Caleb‘s questions.
1. What made you want to get your start in racing?
KC: My dad, grandfather and uncle all raced in New Jersey and when I was of age, 4 1/2 years old, dad asked if I wanted to give it a shot and it is the best thing we could have done!
2. Who was your idol driver growing up?
KC: Daniel Hemric was always someone I looked up to; he is a great driver and knows how to work on his own equipment.
3. If you could go back in time and attend any race of any discipline, what race would you choose?
KC: I feel each and every one of my races past, present and future are all special as they have formed me into the man and owner/driver/crew member I am today! Each has taught me different lessons and I am still happily learning!
4. If you could pick any current cup driver to have as a teammate, who would you pick and why?
KC: Kyle Bush for sure, it would be cool to be able to rub it in when I best him on the race track haha! On a serious note; he has the ability to get in pretty much anything and drive it to the front. I would like to know more of his story and how he got to where he is today while learning from him!
5. What is your favorite memory at the race track? Driver or spectator?
KC: My favorite memory is actually in each division haha. In quarter midgets being able to race all across the country and win against drivers at their home track, setting track records and receiving trophies way taller than I was! Bandolero division winning 8 races in a row with a broken right arm! Winning my first and only ever legend car race! In the Pro Late Models winning at Southern National Motorsports Park with a broken thumb, pointer and middle finger also having 5 stitches! Then lastly, winning our first Super Late Model race and seeing the smile on my father’s face, will not forget that but getting the pole at the All American 400 for my first time ever being at the track was a proud feel-good moment! .
6. If you didn’t get to be a race car driver, what would be your next career choice?
KC: I tried basketball in 7th grade and it wasn’t my forte, football was okay but I don’t know how to think of myself without racing being in my life haha; if anything I would become an airplane pilot ’cause I still get to go fast and see amazing places!
7. What is your favorite unhealthy thing to eat?
KC: I am a bad candy eater haha, SweetTart chewys are my worst enemy!
8. What is your favorite show to binge-watch?
KC: I love shows for the story behind it, Supernatural is a great show but Formula 1 drive to survive is pretty intense; tough call!
9. What is your top music choice for road-trips?KC: I am really into metal music, it does help me get in the zone but everyone needs a little Pocketful of Sunshine!
10. What is your favorite hobby outside of racing?
KC: I love to walk my dog, he is getting up there in age and I am trying to make the most of the time we have left together but I also enjoy splitting wood and doing chores to lighten my parents load!
11. What are your plans for the remainder of the year? KC: My plan for the rest of the year is to win the 2020 Snowball Derby and work on marketing partners for the next season in hope to progress my racing career! My parents don’t have the money like most of my competitors, every little bit helps and I want to continue my passion as a race car driver and give back to my dad for everything he has sacrificed to make my dreams a reality!